BioExpo Warsaw 2023 – growing interest in organic food
An important event for the ecological industry
The BioExpo Warsaw fair was held on October 5-7, 2023 in Nadarzyn near Warsaw. It was the 5th edition of this event, which is the largest in Poland and one of the most important in Central and Eastern Europe. Over 100 exhibitors took part in this year’s fair and nearly 10,000 thousand visitors were registered. industry visitors, 93% of whom were Poles. Exhibitors presented a wide range of ecological products, including food, cosmetics, cleaning products, clothing and accessories. The fair was visited by over 120,000 people in total, including representatives of the food, trade and catering industries, as well as individual consumers.
The BIOEXPO Warsaw fair is an excellent opportunity to learn about the latest trends in the ecological industry. This year, exhibitors presented many new products, including:
- new plant products, such as hemp burgers or vegan pates;
- products from organic farming based on traditional farming methods;
- products based on regional and local ingredients;
- products with quality certificates, such as the BIO certificate, the Fair Trade certificate or the Vegan certificate.
Sample statistics and analysis:
- market size – according to Nielsen data, the value of the organic food market in Poland in 2022 was PLN 3.5 billion. This means that this market is growing at a rate of approximately 15% per year;
- consumer trends – more and more Poles consciously choose products from organic farming. This is due to, among others, growing health awareness, concern for the natural environment and the increasing popularity of trends such as vegetarianism and flexitarianism;
- competition – competition is growing in the organic industry. More and more companies are introducing new products and services to the market to meet the growing needs of consumers.
The BIOEXPO Warsaw fair is an important event for the ecological industry in Poland. During the fair, exhibitors have the opportunity to present their products and services to a wide audience, and visitors can learn about the latest trends in this industry. Presented, among others: a new type of hemp burger that is vegan and gluten-free. This burger is rich in protein and fiber, and also contains valuable nutrients such as omega-3 and omega-6 acids.
The event was an excellent opportunity to establish business contacts and exchange knowledge and experiences, and during the fair we visited the exhibition of NIRO BIO (based in Boronów, Silesian Voivodeship), which specializes mainly in the production of manual and electric burr grinders. NIRO BIO is also a producer of healthy organic food and a distributor of organic gluten-free products: